Minimum Entry Requirement for Anglo American Learnerships
Individuals that are interested in joining the Anglo American Learnerships must first consider if they meet the minimum requirements or not. Generally, to join a learnership programme in any field of the mining industry of Anglo American in South Africa, the minimum requirements would be as following.
- Only South African citizens are allowed to apply. Applicants must provide a certified copy of their IDs when applying as proof to being a South African citizen.
- Applicants must be prepared to work underground or on the surface and in dusty / sandy / granular areas, also an eleven-day fortnight shift where applicable.
- Completed Grade 12 or Matric with a 40% pass for the least in Mathematics and English (Matric with Physical Science will be an added advantage), or a minimum of 4-5 subjects in N2 that are related to the relevant field, which are as specified:
- Engineering Science
- Theories of the relevant field
- Industrial Electronics or Engineering Drawings or Platting Structural Drawing
- Proficient in English
- Submit an updated and complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) that also includes race, gender, contact number(s), and an e-mail address.
- Submit an original certified copy of driver’s license (optional)
- Submit an original certified copy of the latest completed formal education along with transcripts.
- Applicants must pass the relevant Rehabilitation Functionality Assessment (RFA) and have a medical certificate of fitness.