o qualify for the Funza Lushaka online application 2019 or in years to come, you must meet the following requirements.
- You must be a South African citizen who holds a valid ID
- You must have passed and already been accepted to an appropriate field of study at an institution of higher learning that is recognized.
- You must be committed to and enthusiastic about a professional teaching career. In addition you must be interested to work with young people, and show a readiness to face, deal with, and overcome numerous challenges along the way.
- You must be a person with high integrity
In case you are a first-time applicant;
- You must have completed the matric with an exemption, endorsement or admission to a Bachelor Degree study
- You must have attained a Level 4 pass / 60% (SG) or 50% (HG) for a matric subject which leads to the priority area.
- Anyone with an interest in pursuing foundational areas, the qualifications include: – a passing grade in Mathematics/Mathematics Literacy (if the individual matriculated before 2008 when Maths was not compulsory, an overall good performance—average of 50%—may still be considered), and a Level 4 pass / 60% (SG) or 50% (HG) in home language.
- You need a pass in Maths or Math Literacy to pursue technology courses if you did not take them at matric level
- Individuals that are already at the university or are enrolling for PGCE: You must have passed in the modules taken during the last semester, and also have attained a minimum of 55% average across all modules studied in the previous year.
- Exciting bursars that are reapplying must have attained a minimum of 50% in all modules and should be proceeding to the next year of study.