Bursary Provider: Funza Lushaka Bursary
Bursary Location: South Africa
Selection criteria include the following:
- The applicant’s academic ability;
- Eligibility for an approved degree or PGCE in two of the priority areas;
- Commitment to a teaching career, which includes: interest in working with young people; enthusiasm for a professional career in teaching; readiness to face and surmount difficult challenges; and personal integrity;
- Commitment to teach in any school to which a student may be appointed by a PED.
- Everything else being equal, selection should favour candidates from rural areas, candidates who wish to teach in rural areas and candidates whose financial position would otherwise exclude them from enrolment for a teaching qualification.
The priority areas are:
|Foundation phase (i.e. Grades R-3):Foundation phase specialization in an Indigenous African Language.|
|Intermediate and Senior Phase (i.e. Grades 4-9):A teaching major in two of the following: Mathematics; Natural Science; Technology.|
|FET phase (i.e. Grades 10-12): A teaching major in two of the following: Accounting; Agricultural Sciences; Agricultural Technology; Civil Technology; Computer Applications Technology; Economics; Electrical Technology; Engineering Graphics and Design; Geography; Information Technology; Life Sciences; Mathematics; Mechanical Technology; Physical Sciences.|