As a part of its skills development initiatives, Transport Education Training Authority awards bursaries annually for studies aligned to critical and scarce skills identified in the transport sector.
Bursary awards are categorised according to sector requirements, with due consideration of the National Skills Development Strategy III, compiled by the Department of Higher Education and Training.
The Transport Education Training Authority (TETA) is offering bursaries and invites qualifying unemployed learners to apply for funding for the 2020 academic year. Learners eligible for bursaries:
- Currently in Grade 12 or have completed matric
- Intending to study transport-related qualifications in 2020
- Currently registered students at Institutions of Higher Learning (including TVET Colleges) and require funding for 2020 academic year Applicants must be studying at or intending to study at Accredited Aviation Schools, Accredited Diving Schools and Registered TVETs and HEIs
- Aviation students with PPL
- Commercial Divers with matric (Senior Certificate)